Hardwood flooring is a great choice of flooring. It is strong, durable, easy to clean and looks great with any decor. Here are some types of hardwood flooring:
Types of Hardwood Flooring:
• Bamboo flooring – This is made of bamboo stems or mature poles. Typically they are laminated one on top of another but they may be woven where strips are coated with resin and formed into timbers with heat.
• Birch flooring – Birch flooring comes in three types: Paper birch, yellow birch and sweet birch. Paper birch is the softest, yellow is harder and the sweet is the hardest.
• Engineered hardwood flooring – This type has layers of wood planks glued together and topped with a thin veneer of solid wood
• Laminate flooring – Laminate flooring contains no real wood and is made to look like wood. The inside has wood fibers fused with resin.
• Mahogany flooring – Colors of mahogany flooring range from pinkish brown to dark red brown. It is considered one of the harder woods used for flooring.
• Maple flooring – Maple flooring is average in hardness and colors range from cream to light reddish brown.
• Parquet flooring – This is a type of solid hardwood flooring and is great for creating geometric shapes. It is made of wood slats that are fastened or glued together.
• Red oak flooring – This flooring is light reddish in color and is average in hardness.
• Solid hardwood flooring – This is available in strips, planks, and parquet squares. Strips measure from 1½ to 3 inches wide, planks measure from 3 to 7 inches wide and parquet comes in tiles.
• Teak flooring – This is one the harder and more durable woods and colors are uniform ranging from light brown to medium golden brown.
• Tigerwood flooring – Colors of this hardwood range from cream to reddish orange. It is called tigerwood because of the streaks of color that run through it.
• White oak flooring – White oak is darker than red oak in color, smoother looking without as much grain and is a little harder than red oak.
provider near you.